So now you have a brand new business and you want to start to get the word out about its products and services. Here is a list of the very basics that you need to get going:
- Think with Google. Get yourself a Google Business profile. Once you create a profile on Google, you will show up on maps which is where a lot people are searching. Also, pay attention what keywords you use when you setup your profile. If you are a hair salon business for example, you want it to say “Hair Salon” in the tittle as this is a high-ranking keyword. Once you have a Google profile, you can add pictures and create posts, including discounts and offers! Your customers can also ask questions and post reviews.
- Social media has now become a channel where you deliver your marketing material. Marketing hasn’t changed, you still must create flyers and deliver ads however these are now digital flyers and digital ads.
- Do you remember the old days when people stood in front of a busy place handing out flyers? Well think of Social Media such as Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn in the same way, they are those cool looking people handing out digital flyers but in a whole lot of a smarter way. You can tell them exactly who to deliver it to. As an example, if most of your clients are women who live in New York and are aged from 35 to 60 years old, you will want to maximize your marketing dollar by just delivering digital marketing material just to them. Remember that you are still having to deliver your marketing content to people but now is directly to their devices.
- Blogging in your Website, one way to keep your website fresh and growing organically is adding articles that are related to your industry. Articles like tips and tricks are very well received as you deliver value and showcase your expertise in the industry. Make sure you include keywords in your articles to boost up your SEO organically. Most people are hesitant to write articles because they feel that they lack the writing skills. The good news keeping things simple and down to the point, is the ideal writing for the Web. Get writing!
- SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization and we all want a little more of that! What this is basically how your website ranks among others in the Google search engine competition. So for example, say I go to Google.com and search “Yellow Bananas” I will get the top websites (ranked by a complex Google algorithm) that have the most content on Yellow Bananas. Search Engine Optimization is a little bit complex to go into detail in this article. But there are a few basic standards that you can do to your site such as including your keywords in all your tittles, having a good organized layout and adding keywords to all your pictures. Competition is pretty stiff, but you can also setup Google Ads (at least in the beginning) to get your site noticed by search users. The down side is that you will have to pay Google for this service and as soon as you stop your Google Ad, your website traffic will drop.
So there you have it, a few ways to get your Digital Marketing started for your Business! Any questions, drop me a note! Until next time… Let it Shine!